EPA is releasing its U.S.-Mexico Border Water Infrastructure Program 2012 Annual Report. The report highlights Fiscal Year (FY) 2012 accomplishments and the program’s environmental, public health and economic benefits to the U.S. The border program provides access to safe drinking water and adequate sanitation, often for the first time, to underserved communities along the U.S.-Mexico Border. In FY 2012, the program provided 5,185 border homes with safe drinking water and 31,092 homes with adequate wastewater services. Currently the program has 24 projects under construction and supports 26 communities in the planning and development of projects for future construction. EPA’s investments boost the regional and national economy through increased productivity, avoided health care and economic losses, direct and indirect job creation, enhanced ecological values, and by attracting trade opportunities and additional private investments. More information: http://water.epa.gov/infrastructure/wastewater/mexican/index.cfm
April 9, 2013
EPA Releases U.S.-Mexico Border Water Infrastructure Program Annual Report
No more wandering in the Hudson Valley. I have achieved my dream, it was a long time working toward it, but now I am here, living in NYC. My dream, my goal, my purpose in life. View all posts by Suzi
This entry was posted on Tuesday, April 9th, 2013 at 12:51 pm and posted in Random thoughts. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Mission StatementThe Mission of the Department of Environmental Conservation is to conserve, improve, and protect its natural resources and environment and control water, land and air pollution, in order to enhance the health, safety, and welfare of the people of the state and their overall economic and social well being.
- Accident - N/B FDR Drive at 96 Street - 2 lanes blocked at 3:35pm - Delays up to 2 hours - NY County
- (EXTENSION - time) Heat Advisory issued July 20 at 2:43PM EDT until July 21 at 6:00PM EDT by NWS New York City - Upton
- (EXTENSION - time) Heat Advisory issued July 20 at 3:30AM EDT until July 20 at 8:00PM EDT by NWS New York City - Upton
- Air Quality Alert issued July 19 at 3:42PM EDT by NWS New York City - Upton
- Heat Advisory issued July 19 at 3:17AM EDT until July 20 at 6:00PM EDT by NWS New York City - Upton
- Combined Sewer Overflow, New York City, various waterbodies
Start a conversation
- 3,299 friendly persons
Be my friend on Facebook
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.