EPA has made available online information on the uses and benefits of decentralized wastewater treatment and examples of where they have played an effective role in a community’s wastewater treatment infrastructure. Decentralized wastewater treatment consists of a variety of onsite approaches for collection, treatment, dispersal, and reuse of wastewater and can be a sustainable and appropriate option for communities and homeowners. The four papers include an introductory paper as well as three papers that demonstrate how decentralized wastewater treatment can be: a sensible solution, cost-effective and economical, green and sustainable, and protective of the environment, public health, and water quality. Click here for more information
December 19, 2012
Information on Uses and Benefits of Decentralized Wastewater Treatment Available Online
No more wandering in the Hudson Valley. I have achieved my dream, it was a long time working toward it, but now I am here, living in NYC. My dream, my goal, my purpose in life. View all posts by Suzi
This entry was posted on Wednesday, December 19th, 2012 at 1:32 pm and posted in Random thoughts. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Mission StatementThe Mission of the Department of Environmental Conservation is to conserve, improve, and protect its natural resources and environment and control water, land and air pollution, in order to enhance the health, safety, and welfare of the people of the state and their overall economic and social well being.
- Winter Storm Watch issued March 19 at 3:52PM EDT until March 22 at 12:00AM EDT by NWS New York City - Upton
- Winter Storm Watch issued March 19 at 4:31PM EDT until March 22 at 12:00AM EDT by NWS New York City - Upton
- (CONTINUATION) Winter Storm Watch issued March 19 at 10:54PM EDT until March 22 at 12:00AM EDT by NWS New York City - Upton
- NYS Missing Vulnerable Adult Alert Alert for JOSEPH BARBELLA on March 20, 2018 at 05:44 am has been cancelled. http://www.nyalert.gov/?q=5172824
- Missing Vulnerable Adult Alert, 18 years old white/male wearing gray shirt and green pajama pants. Www.dcjs.ny.gov http://www.nyalert.gov/?q=5172427
- Combined Sewer Overflow, New York City, various waterbodies
Start a conversation
- 3,414 friendly persons
- Still time to save the Graniteville wetlands and our homes
- Cigarettes Can Be Good for You—If You’re a Bird
- Trumps EPA Pledges to clean up NYC’s Most Radioactive Site – But Funding in Question.
- EPA Recognizes Excellence and Innovation in Clean Water Infrastructure
- E.P.A. Announces Repeal of Major Obama-Era Carbon Emissions Rule
Be my friend on Facebook
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.