EPA is releasing its Alaska Native Villages Program 2012 annual report. The report highlights the significant impacts that the program is having in Alaskan native and rural villages by providing first-time access to drinking and wastewater infrastructure, while improving public health and the environment, and creating jobs. Since its inception in 1996, the program has provided over $470 million in grant funding to help Alaskan native and rural villages address their basic water and sanitation needs through facility construction, training, and technical assistance. Collaborating with federal and state partners, EPA has targeted the most underserved communities. Between 1996 and 2011, EPA funds supported more than 600 projects while the percent of rural Alaskan homes with drinking water and wastewater service grew from 50 percent to 92 percent. Click here for more information.
December 19, 2012
EPA Releases Alaska Native Villages Program 2012 Annual Report
No more wandering in the Hudson Valley. I have achieved my dream, it was a long time working toward it, but now I am here, living in NYC. My dream, my goal, my purpose in life. View all posts by Suzi
This entry was posted on Wednesday, December 19th, 2012 at 1:30 pm and posted in Random thoughts. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Mission StatementThe Mission of the Department of Environmental Conservation is to conserve, improve, and protect its natural resources and environment and control water, land and air pollution, in order to enhance the health, safety, and welfare of the people of the state and their overall economic and social well being.
- Accident - N/B FDR Drive at 96 Street - 2 lanes blocked at 3:35pm - Delays up to 2 hours - NY County
- (EXTENSION - time) Heat Advisory issued July 20 at 2:43PM EDT until July 21 at 6:00PM EDT by NWS New York City - Upton
- (EXTENSION - time) Heat Advisory issued July 20 at 3:30AM EDT until July 20 at 8:00PM EDT by NWS New York City - Upton
- Air Quality Alert issued July 19 at 3:42PM EDT by NWS New York City - Upton
- Heat Advisory issued July 19 at 3:17AM EDT until July 20 at 6:00PM EDT by NWS New York City - Upton
- Combined Sewer Overflow, New York City, various waterbodies
Start a conversation
- 3,299 friendly persons
Be my friend on Facebook
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.