EPA has announced almost $1.5 million in funding to three universities to develop sustainable drinking water treatment methods. The research grants are funded through EPA’s Science to Achieve Results (STAR) program. These grants, which supplement last year’s grants to eight other universities, are intended to provide innovative treatment methods to protect people’s health by keeping harmful contaminants out of drinking water. The grantees are: University of Florida, Gainesville and University of South Florida, Tampa; Clarkson University, Potsdam, N.Y; and the University of Nevada, Reno. In 2010, EPA announced a new drinking water strategy to strengthen protections against contaminants in drinking water and promote cost-effective new technologies to meet the needs of communities across the country struggling with water challenges. The research sponsored by these grants will help satisfy the key goals of this strategy.
December 19, 2012
EPA Awards $1.5 Million to Universities for Sustainable Drinking Water Treatment Methods
No more wandering in the Hudson Valley. I have achieved my dream, it was a long time working toward it, but now I am here, living in NYC. My dream, my goal, my purpose in life. View all posts by Suzi
This entry was posted on Wednesday, December 19th, 2012 at 1:36 pm and posted in Random thoughts. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Mission StatementThe Mission of the Department of Environmental Conservation is to conserve, improve, and protect its natural resources and environment and control water, land and air pollution, in order to enhance the health, safety, and welfare of the people of the state and their overall economic and social well being.
- Accident - N/B FDR Drive at 96 Street - 2 lanes blocked at 3:35pm - Delays up to 2 hours - NY County
- (EXTENSION - time) Heat Advisory issued July 20 at 2:43PM EDT until July 21 at 6:00PM EDT by NWS New York City - Upton
- (EXTENSION - time) Heat Advisory issued July 20 at 3:30AM EDT until July 20 at 8:00PM EDT by NWS New York City - Upton
- Air Quality Alert issued July 19 at 3:42PM EDT by NWS New York City - Upton
- Heat Advisory issued July 19 at 3:17AM EDT until July 20 at 6:00PM EDT by NWS New York City - Upton
- Combined Sewer Overflow, New York City, various waterbodies
Start a conversation
- 3,299 friendly persons
Be my friend on Facebook
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.